PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas

mjdtexan
9th November 2008, 08:09 AM
Hello, I think I will just lurk around here for a while and read some of yalls post. Been watching and recording woodworking show here. Very interested in getting a lath.

Claw Hama
9th November 2008, 11:10 AM
Hi Tex, I'm sure you'll have a good time lurkin around but make sure you through your 2-bobs worth (have your say) in from time to time. Enjoy

Ed Reiss
9th November 2008, 12:52 PM
Hi MJD....and welcome!

Lookin' to get a lathe, huh? That's how the addiction starts...the wonderful world of woodturning ($$$$$):oo: LOL

For sure if you have any questions about turning, there are plenty of knowledgeable folks here ready to help out.

jerryc
9th November 2008, 03:40 PM
G'day MJD,

Why lurk? This forum is boots and all. Questions and answers and a bit of friendly argument and you'll find out why although we are incredibly modest people here in OZ we know this is the best site there is.:D

Jerry

Ad de Crom
9th November 2008, 11:34 PM
Hi MJDTEXAN, welcome.
A lathe huh, well get one, and enter the beautiful world of woodturning.
Ad

barg2757
19th December 2008, 04:08 PM
hey, how you doin.. im in normangee, took me 35 yrs to get out of houston ha ha

joe greiner
20th December 2008, 12:45 AM
Welcome aboard, MJD and barg.

Aside from the folks here, find a local woodturning club for camaraderie, advice and challenges - maybe free wood, too. I couldn't find Normangee in my atlas, but there's an AAW chapter in or near Houston. Go to https://www.woodturner.org/ and select "Find a Local Chapter."

Joe

mjdtexan
20th December 2008, 12:49 AM
Welcome aboard, MJD and barg.

Aside from the folks here, find a local woodturning club for camaraderie, advice and challenges - maybe free wood, too. I couldn't find Normangee in my atlas, but there's an AAW chapter in or near Houston. Go to https://www.woodturner.org/ and select "Find a Local Chapter."

Joe

Hey, I appreciate that. I will look for one. I am sitting here watching my pullets (female chickens under a year) out of the window. They are seven weeks old and I have opened their door to go outside for the first time. They are not sure what to do.

munruben
20th December 2008, 10:02 AM
Welcome, enjoy.:2tsup:

mjdtexan
20th December 2008, 01:08 PM
Thank Yall for the welcome.

tea lady
20th December 2008, 04:08 PM
hi there mjdtexan. Chickens are funny aren't they. And lathes are fun.:cool: