PDA

View Full Version : Newby in Canberra

Rod T
22nd October 2008, 10:40 PM
G'Day all

Never been one for joining forums, but this one looks great, so joined up today.

I'm only a hack hobbyist and enjoy the "sport" in my free time. I am quite impatient, so power tools are the go for me. The trouble and strife gave me a Festool Domino for my birthday last year to add to a few other bits and pieces I use and this has encouraged me to do more.

Have made quite a few toys and play furniture etc for my 2 year old daughter. When ever I make something new, I now just put it in the family room for her to discover. I get the greatest thrill when she finds it and screams "Wow, daddy make, daddy make, daddy make"

I hope I can contribute to the forum in the future.

Cheers for now

Rod T

badgaz
22nd October 2008, 11:34 PM
Rod

I have couple of youngsters myself a little older than yours but the thrill is the same.
My aim is to impress on them the worth of "hand-made" (like my dad did) in a society where "things" come from shops and are wapped in plastic packaging...more power to ya.

Gazza

Claw Hama
22nd October 2008, 11:38 PM
Hi Rod and welcome, sure you will enjoy the fun and banter and the wealth of everyones combined knowledge.

Ed Reiss
23rd October 2008, 01:40 AM
G'Day all
I'm only a hack hobbyist and enjoy the "sport" in my free time.

We were all hacks at one time!!!!:doh:

Welcome Rod.

billym
23rd October 2008, 07:48 AM
Gday Rod, welcome to a great forum.you wont be sorry you joined.I have been fiddling with woodwork for over 50 years and I am still a hack.lol billym:)

munruben
23rd October 2008, 09:36 AM
Hi Rod, Welcome to the forum. I have been playing around with wood since I was about 16. and I think I am starting to like it. :) Its very addictive mate so be careful.:2tsup:

wheelinround
23rd October 2008, 09:51 AM
:lolabove: John one day
Playing with wood since you were 16

You have the same gouges as this fella its taking you that long :p

Welcome aboard Rod T don't mind us we are a jovial lot.

Yep get ye to Canberra Woodies club learn from the master Richard Raffan

Ray

Rod T
23rd October 2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I'll have to check out the Canberra Woodies Club, thanks for the tip Ray.

Cheers
Rod T

STAR
26th October 2008, 04:41 PM
If you have been given a Festool Domino I feel sorry for you. I was given an Ozito and asked to build a mansion.

Obviously, the hidden agenda behind your gift is for all of us to see.

ps

I am just taking the Irish out of you.