PDA

View Full Version : Just passing by

hammonr65
22nd October 2008, 02:50 AM
G'Day Mates,

Nice forum! I was looking for some tips and ran across your site. I am a wood hobbiest and really enjoy working with hand tools and learning new techniques with wood. Right now I'm working on my third baby cradle, everyone's grown up now and having babies!.

Ray

Ed Reiss
22nd October 2008, 11:20 AM
Hi Ray...welcome to the best damn forum around!:2tsup:

Where is White Pigeon? I have a good friend in Milan, MI.

Ad de Crom
22nd October 2008, 06:01 PM
Hi Ray, welcome, just like Ed said, this is the best forum.
If possible show us some of your work.
Have fun.
Ad :)

joe greiner
23rd October 2008, 01:02 AM
Welcome aboard, Ray.

What they said. Yeah, Ed, my gazetteer came up dry too, but Google found it. Unfortunately, the first hit (maps.google.com) didn't have a zoom out. This one is better: http://www.infomi.com/city/whitepigeon/

Joe

hammonr65
23rd October 2008, 01:26 AM
Thanks one and all. For some reason the babies always beat me to the punch, the last cradle that I made was passed on before I finished it, It is maple and I had a bit of a time working the wood. I don't have all of the tools I wish I did, but I get by with what I have. I'll try to get a photo, they are in my wife's page. she seems to think my wor is better than it truly is and keeps all of those on her desk top. I just love doing this stuff, and really like sharp instruments, so I guess planes and chisels are my thing.

White Pigeon is just north of the Indiana Line, at the Center, of the boundary, corner of Michigan route 131and US 12. That's the post office, I live about 8 miles West along the US 12 corridor.

Ed Reiss
23rd October 2008, 01:38 AM
Welcome aboard, Ray.

What they said. Yeah, Ed, my gazetteer came up dry too, but Google found it. Unfortunately, the first hit (maps.google.com) didn't have a zoom out. This one is better: http://www.infomi.com/city/whitepigeon/

Joe

Thanks for the 411, Joe.

Ray...will be looking forward to the pics:U

hammonr65
23rd October 2008, 01:38 AM
This is the latest one just before Gabriel assumed possession. Ray (Hope I did that right)

file:///tmp/moz-screenshot.jpghttp://www.woodworkforums.com/home/daddy/Desktop/HPIM1672-1.jpg

hammonr65
23rd October 2008, 01:52 AM
Ed, Looks like it didn't work, I'll work on that and see what I can do to pass the pic along. Pcs are not my forte, I work on larger computers that don't give me trouble.

Ray

munruben
23rd October 2008, 09:39 AM
Welcome Ray. nice to have you aboard.

wheelinround
23rd October 2008, 09:44 AM
With a name like Ray you have to be a Top Bloke Ray :D

The meaning of Ray says it all

So a big welcome aboard there are a few other Ray's here also.:2tsup::2tsup:

Ray

hammonr65
26th October 2008, 02:37 AM
Okay, Neil Ellis gave me some instructions for uploading to the Forum, so if the cradle is there, we are lucky. If not we will try again.
Ray

joe greiner
26th October 2008, 09:04 PM
Upload of the pic worked fine, Ray. And a fine-looking cradle, too.

I hope you can get a floor and mattress attached before the blessed event.:rolleyes:
Just kidding, y'know. If you browse some older threads, you'll know I'm lettin' you off easy.

Joe

Ed Reiss
27th October 2008, 12:52 PM
Okay, Neil Ellis gave me some instructions for uploading to the Forum, so if the cradle is there, we are lucky. If not we will try again.
Ray

Pic looks good...nice workmanship!:2tsup:

But hey...wheres all the chain-link restraints for the kid...and not even electrified wire!:doh: Without that stuff the kid will be all zippidy-do-dah all over the house:o lol