PDA

View Full Version : Howdy! From QBN NSW

badgaz
21st October 2008, 09:00 PM
Howdy folks my name is Gary (Gazza)

I was born and bred in Perth, Western Australia but have moved to Queanbeyan due to work commitments.
My hobbies include scale modelling and guitar playing (the latter being responsible for my fascination with wood).
I can honestly say that I have discovered more about woodworking in the first few visits to this forum than 20 odd years of servicing and minor repairs to my own instruments.
I have recently picked up a cheap wood lathe and although I don't have the best of equipment (read cantankerous lathe and cruddy cheap chisels), can see the start of a long journey into wood turning.
I can't think of a more rewarding and relaxing way to waste a Saturday afternoon than making sawdust (with the right safety equipment of course).
I have lived in QBN for four years and only last weekend found a timber yard not far from where I live with a more than just pine, pine and pine. First visit yielded off-cuts of rosewood, cedar, seasoned jarrah and ash. I don't think I'll find birds-eye or flame maple, ebony, Brazilian rosewood or koa... but you never know.

All the best
Gazza

Ed Reiss
21st October 2008, 11:13 PM
Welcome Gazza!

Cheap lathe & cruddy tools?:C ....nothing your Visa or Mastercard can't fix!:U

badgaz
22nd October 2008, 10:29 PM
I am blessed with the three M's: Married, Munchkins (kids) and Mortgage...for everything else there's Mastercard!

Regards
Gazza

munruben
23rd October 2008, 10:00 AM
Howdy folks my name is Gary (Gazza)

I was born and bred in Perth, Western Australia We wont hold that against you :) Welcome Gazza