PDA

View Full Version : G'day all

watchdog
20th October 2008, 01:44 PM
Howyagoinoright?

I live in Ipswich Qld, love working with wood and I hope start to build a boat(wooden of course) in the near future. I use Triton gear mostly, although I have a love of hand tools. I came across this site by accident, but I think it will be a fortunate accident. I look forward to browsing and using the wealth of info available.

Cheers

Ibanez
20th October 2008, 04:35 PM
Howyagoinoright?

I live in Ipswich Qld, love working with wood and I hope start to build a boat(wooden of course) in the near future. I use Triton gear mostly, although I have a love of hand tools. I came across this site by accident, but I think it will be a fortunate accident. I look forward to browsing and using the wealth of info available.

Cheers

Hi watchdog, I lurked for a while after accidently finding this site, fell over it actually, the amount of usefull generous info I get is amazing, people just want to help, Although I'm moving to larger fixed equipment such thicknessers planers bandsaws etc I still use a makita 9 1/4 in my triton bench and find it very easy to use although noisey with the brush motor.

watchdog
20th October 2008, 11:32 PM
G'day Shayne

Interested to read that you are milling your own timber. I spent about 15 years in the South Island of New Zealand, in a small rural village. Where we lived we had a very large and very old Macrocarpa tree. A it was quite near to the house, I had it felled and a bloke I knew that had a portable mill he had imported from USA, processed the lot and he had enough to build a small weekender, with a bit left over for some small items of furniture.
Good luck with your projects and thanks for your welcome.

Cheers

Ed Reiss
21st October 2008, 01:58 AM
Welcome aboard Watchdog!

Claw Hama
21st October 2008, 06:12 AM
Hi Watchdog, have fun on the forum, what size boat are you going to build? Canoe or cruzer?