PDA

View Full Version : Teardrop,Camper saids hello

Teardrop.Camper
10th October 2008, 06:05 AM
Hi everyone,
My name is Fred and I live in Emerald Qld Australia, for some time now I've wanted to build a teardrop camper trailer and after searching the internet I've found this Australian site which is perfect as it covers both wood work and trailer construction which I'll need advise on both.
The wife and I oh and our 18 month old male Bull Terrier wants to do some camping next winter so I have 7 months to build the camper.
We prefer the classic teardrop look with both the ends being round, it will have a steel trailer section and a timber frame with plywood sheeting panels.
The teardrop camper appeals to us as we can head off out bush for the weekend without having to arrange for a dog sitter or accommodation, just pull up off the side of the road and camp for the night or longer.
Anyway its now 5.00am on our Bully needs his morning walkies, we'll be back in 2 hours then I'll check in again as we are both currently on holidays. Today I'm buying the steel and plywood for the camper as I have a lone of a workmates trailer.
Cheers
Fred, Linda and Leo.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n68/Wholelotofshakingoingon/681a_1.jpg

Ed Reiss
10th October 2008, 11:40 PM
Hi Fred...and welcome!

Neat design for a trailer...hey, how 'bout some Hot Rod Flames down the side?:2tsup:

prozac
18th October 2008, 12:16 AM
Welcome Fred, you're not wasting any time.

Ad de Crom
18th October 2008, 01:17 AM
Hi Fred, welcome, and keep us informed about your camper, what a nice project.
Cheers. Ad

forunna
18th October 2008, 01:49 AM
G'day fred,
I love teardrop campers but have never had one.
What are you towing it with? something commensurate?

munruben
18th October 2008, 11:13 AM
Hi Fred and welcome. That's quite a project, should be interesting.