PDA

View Full Version : Another SA

daff
1st October 2008, 08:48 PM
Hi all,
Im a bit of a handy woman at the moment restoring an old house i have bought, i dont have a specific field as such i just try all sorts things, at the moment im making my own WIR, I am taking my time to think it all out but its going well so far., I probably wont have any helpful input but i am Looking forward to reading all the wonderful topics. :U

Ad de Crom
1st October 2008, 10:53 PM
Hi Daff, welcome.
I like handy lady's, and I think you are a very handy lady by restoring an old house, so I say WOW.
Than you are in my opinion also very handy with wood, so try some woodworking for example flat work, or woodturning.
I'm looking forward to see something from your hands :)

Ad

Ed Reiss
2nd October 2008, 12:39 PM
Hi Daff...and welcome!

More power to you in your restoration efforts:2tsup:

Don't worry about input to the forum...that will come in time.:U

daff
2nd October 2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks for welcomes, AD my dad had a wood lathe when we were kids and we used to turn bits of wood on it, it was fun but im not too sure if thats where i want to go at this stage. and as i get to know the site i will try to post pics :)
Ed im not too sure if im smart or mad at times :U but the more i do the happier with myself i am, long term project for sure :)

fenderbelly
3rd October 2008, 10:02 AM
Welcome aboard daff.

Cheers Fred

Ad de Crom
3rd October 2008, 06:48 PM
[quote=daff;817375]Thanks for welcomes, AD my dad had a wood lathe when we were kids and we used to turn bits of wood on it, it was fun but im not too sure if thats where i want to go at this stage. and as i get to know the site i will try to post pics :)

Daff, last year we bought a house for my youngest daughter, I was busy in that house for almost a half year, well my kids think daddy can do everything, never did that before, but I did it....))
I personaly think that you are great on the lathe, just like a handy lady has to be :)
All the best.

Ad