PDA

View Full Version : G,day folks

texx
29th September 2008, 08:20 PM
well i have joined your forum so i should introduce myself with a quick run down.
first up hairymick if you read this no i aint following you it just seems that each forum i want to join you are already a member.
i am in texas queensland , i am trying to be a farmer and a retail shop owner at the moment , i have always dabbled in woodwork of some sort or another , built my own lathe years ago when in brisbane and did a course to learn how to use it with a guy in strathpine joe elkenhams ( spelling ) . the lathe has not turned for a lot of years but will soon cos i am getting the urge .
was a floor coverings guy in brissy cork tiles and parquetry mainly for 13 years .
done a bit of furniture restoring and french polishing as a hobby , photography , oil painting ,custom fishing rod building ,like to cook,been growing pumpkins for the last 5or 6 years as part of my living and i work part time on a irrigation farm lucerne , grain ,cattle, the wife looks after the shop mainly and i just help out there ,i cant list every thing i have had a go at ,not saying was any good at anything just had a go maybe its the new challenge or the learning that i like .
we live out of town on 90 acres of scrub (well we dont realy we just sleep there seems like) we work a lot of hours and are going backwards , cant work that out but i rekon if we work a bit harder we should be broke by next year .
oh yeah joined mainly cos i been poking around in here reading but could see the pics and thats annoying ..
that'l do i tend to ramble on some time's

STAR
29th September 2008, 09:49 PM
Wellcome to this great site. Like a lot of us in small business, if we try harder we will just go broke quicker.

At least, this interest is a diversion from our daily grind.

BobL
29th September 2008, 09:50 PM
Yo Texx - welcome aboard ! - yeah the pics really make this site and you can learn a lot more from a couple a pics than a few thousand words - make sure you post some pics too!

Cheers

Ed Reiss
30th September 2008, 07:58 AM
was a floor coverings guy in brissy cork tiles and parquetry mainly for 13 years .
done a bit of furniture restoring and french polishing as a hobby , photography , oil painting ,custom fishing rod building ,like to cook,been growing pumpkins for the last 5or 6 years as part of my living and i work part time on a irrigation farm lucerne , grain ,cattle, the wife looks after the shop mainly and i just help out there ,i cant list every thing i have had a go at ,not saying was any good at anything just had a go maybe its the new challenge or the learning that i like .
we live out of town on 90 acres of scrub (well we dont realy we just sleep there seems like) we work a lot of hours and are going backwards , cant work that out but i rekon if we work a bit harder we should be broke by next year .o

Lordy Texx....am getting tired just reading 'bout all the stuff you do!!!!:C:doh:

Welcome to a great forum.

cornucopia
30th September 2008, 04:51 PM
hello and welcome texx

Ad de Crom
30th September 2008, 06:38 PM
Hi Texx, welcome to this forum. Well you have a busy life as I read.
Many of us are busy with the jobs they have, my working life ended 7 years ago, so I'm on the other side of that line, and noticed that 24 hours are not enough for me :D
Parquetry work, do you know that you can make of the leftover pieces wonderful segmented work.

Ad from Holland