PDA

View Full Version : hello from a u.k woddy!!

cornucopia
29th September 2008, 12:30 AM
hello all, i'm 30 years old, i've been woodturning for 11 years and I am married with 1 daughter.
I live in the midlands u.k.
I use mainly green wood for my turning which is my my only hobby.

Ad de Crom
29th September 2008, 02:29 AM
Hi Cornucopia, welcome aboard.
I'm glad to see another woodturner. Just only green turnings, or maybe something else?
Anyway you took the right decision by register yourself to this forum, there is no better forum than this.
I'm sure you'll like it.
Have fun.
Ad :)

Ed Reiss
29th September 2008, 11:56 AM
Hi Cornucopia...and welcome!

Lets see, married with one child, 6 lathes, 15 chucks, 4 different hollowing systems, and all the gouges and scrapers one could need:roll:...priceless!!!:U

munruben
29th September 2008, 01:35 PM
Welcome cornucopia you came to the right place.

joe greiner
29th September 2008, 08:20 PM
What they said, cornucopia. Most of my green-turned bowls end up oval; much easier than a Rose Engine, although less predictable.

Joe

BobL
29th September 2008, 09:53 PM
hello all, i'm 30 years old, i've been woodturning for 11 years and I am married with 1 daughter.
I live in the midlands u.k.
I use mainly green wood for my turning which is my my only hobby.

We'll get you another real soon - it's a bit of a variant on turning - some call it lathe collecting!
Welome aboard!

cornucopia
30th September 2008, 02:24 AM
thanks for the welcomes
i would like to post some pics of my work for you all to see but my account hasnt been activated yet, is there anyone who can shed some light on this for me please?

RufflyRustic
30th September 2008, 09:25 AM
Hi and Welcome cornucopia

Here is the link to the Woodwork Pictures (http://www.woodworkforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)forum. You will find plenty of information there on how to post pictures.

Your account is fine. Just keep participating.:)

Cheers
Wendy

pitbull
1st October 2008, 12:01 AM
Hi Corny, welcome to the forum.
From another u.k. workshop member.(kevin):2tsup: