PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Everywhere

rod1949
4th September 2008, 10:56 AM
Just curious is Eddie Everywhere still the boss cocky of channel 9?

Waldo
4th September 2008, 10:58 AM
:no: thank goodness.

I can't stand him, just as well otherwise I'd have to get out my :minigun: and fix him. (as a result of Mr Everywhere trying to invade my TV, I watch next to no Ch. 9 and on account of Mr. Newman too)

rod1949
4th September 2008, 11:25 AM
Same here as to can't stand him.

Do ya know what he did or didn't do to not stay boss?

Waldo
4th September 2008, 11:32 AM
He was useless, at the time business commentators were making the comment that he had no experience, he was put on, I'd speculate, because Ch. 9 thought he was a good face for them. I think it was in March or April this year that "he" decided to quit.

From my side of the fence and in my industry, many were saying that media buying for TVCs was becoming to expensive and was going down the gurgler because at his instigation they changed programming and as a result ratings went down, and also there were too many unsustainable contracts out in the marketplace in Ch. 9 that just weren't justified when under Eddie's role as boss, one being Newman at $800,000 p/a.

Groggy
4th September 2008, 01:14 PM
...one being Newman at $800,000 p/a. You've got to be kidding :oo: :oo: :oo: , how could anyone in their right mind pay that misogynistic, boorish cretin anywhere near that sum.

I think it has finally sunk in what they mean by Australians being "sports mad". :doh:

Chesand
4th September 2008, 02:31 PM
"Do ya know what he did or didn't do to not stay boss?"

James Packer sold the channel or at least a majority share