PDA

View Full Version : G'day everyone.

cruiser
12th July 2008, 06:20 PM
G'day everyone, my name is Art , I am 65 years young and I come from Grenfell in the central west of NSW. I love working with any kind of wood. I restore old engines so all my transporters are made from wood rather than steel. Thinking of starting a new project at the moment (a wooden boat).

Cheers:):):)

ubeaut
12th July 2008, 06:24 PM
Welcome Cruiser - Well you've broken the ice with the first real post in this forum. Goodonya mate, hope you enjoy your stay here.

Cheers - Neil :U

jow104
12th July 2008, 06:44 PM
Hello from jow104,a very socialble forum and for information.

BTW is there any water around for that boat.?:)

BobR
12th July 2008, 06:50 PM
Welcome to the forum. looking forward to seeing some of your work.

artme
12th July 2008, 07:02 PM
and join the fun!
Welcome aboard mate. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

LGS
12th July 2008, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the house of fun!:)

Regards,

Rob

lubbing5cherubs
12th July 2008, 08:46 PM
Hi Art, Welcome to the board. My name is Toni.
Toni

Ad de Crom
12th July 2008, 08:55 PM
Hello Cruiser, very wellcome, nice to see a young fellow of 65, I'm 67 and feeling myself like a young dog, think we have a lot in common reading what you are doing.
Love it to work with wood and metal, making my own machinery, like my own lathe and tools. People of our age learned that very well in the good old times at the very good practical technical schools from that time.

Ad :)

billrule
12th July 2008, 09:31 PM
what is a transporter?

Bill

did you see the Madness concert footage on ABC 2 a week or so back LGS?

Sawdust Maker
12th July 2008, 09:57 PM
geez ... I'm not old enough to post a reply
anyway welcome cruiser

cheers
young bloke

wheelinround
13th July 2008, 08:18 AM
Welcome Cruiser Grenfell bbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrr cold place this time of year love it there nice and the smell of fires coal burning :roll: reminds me of days long ago Hot pies, pots of stew ah grandma's kitchen.

looking forward to hearing more and seeing more of what you do.

Dr.Zook
13th July 2008, 08:34 AM
G'day Art and welcome to the forums.

forunna
13th July 2008, 01:37 PM
G'day cruiser.
welcome aboard.
by engines and transporters do you mean reeealy old stuff like steamdriven pumps and other stationary engines and a chassis/trolley for them to be mobile on?

cruiser
13th July 2008, 05:49 PM
Yep Craig you are pretty well spot on. I have a good collection of old stationary engines that use to run shearing shed machinary as well as water pumps (all restored by me and all run),and yes transporters are the trolleys that we have our engines on to move them about. Why they use the term "transporter" and not just trolley I don't know.

Cheers
Art.

Yonnee
13th July 2008, 10:25 PM
Hey cruiser... sorry, G'day!
Welcome.
Would dearly love to see some of your work.

munruben
14th July 2008, 09:40 AM
Hi Cruiser and welcome. Haven't been to Grenfell for years but can remember how cold it could get in the winter. Nice spot though.

cruiser
16th July 2008, 05:53 PM
G'day John, Yes Grenfell can get damn cold. today wasn't too bad after a big frost this morning. It sure is good to find a site where there is some sensible discussion and helpful people as well as making you feel really welcome (thanks everyone).

Cheers :)
Art.