PDA

View Full Version : Spa Pump Mount

goforitifudare
15th May 2008, 12:19 PM
Hi,

I am looking at getting a corner spa, and wondered if anyone knows whether generally it is ok to mount the pump beneath the spa, under the floor, rather than beside the spa?

the one we are looking at is a Hot pump, not just an air pump.

cabman
15th May 2008, 02:43 PM
i put a spa in last year when u order the spa you can tell them where u want mount the pump so they can do the plumbling for you its better to mount the pump in a way that u can still access it so if u have to service the pump u might have to make a flase panel up then tile it like a door

tricky4000
15th May 2008, 02:53 PM
In my opinion, its better to mount the pump level with the bath itself so that you don't get water sitting in the pump when not in use. If it is at level...possibly a fraction higher, the water will pour out of the pump when the tub is emptied. Bath pumps are ugly things hanging onto your exterior...it would be nice if they all came with a simple box around them!
D

goforitifudare
15th May 2008, 03:34 PM
Yep, thats what the manufacturer has now told me too.
because its a hot pump and not just an air pump. it needs to be mounted level with the jets, and not below.

That sucks though, it means i have to rethink the whole layout.. :(

patty
16th May 2008, 12:33 AM
Tricky4000 is correct i remember installing my Spa Heat Pump and the Davey Pump handbook recommended exactly what Tricky 4000 has stated!!!