PDA

View Full Version : Installing Glass Pool Fencing

NewAtIt
8th May 2008, 02:25 PM
Hey, most knowledgeable ones!!
Does anyone have any advice about installing semi-frameless glass pool fencing. Unfortunately, we put the cart before the horse and had our poured limestone done around the pool before we thought about the fencing - duh:?:?:doh:
Someone has told me that we can drill into the concrete to 90mm and install the posts but someone else has said that it can't be done - what we have to do is drill right through the concrete to the sand (60mm into the sand) and then re-concrete the posts in. Trouble is, by doing this, we may hit pipes or retic under the concrete.
Does anyone have any advice?

TermiMonster
9th May 2008, 11:30 AM
Someone has told me that we can drill into the concrete to 90mm and install the posts but someone else has said that it can't be done -
I am not an expert, but I have seen it done drilled in after the slab and paving were laid.
Probably, if you ring a pool fencer, he will give you a definite answer.
Cheers
TM

silentC
9th May 2008, 11:36 AM
I had a fence put up once and some of the posts had to go through concrete. They used a core drill to drill a round hole about 90mm diameter through the concrete. I'd say with your job you'd want to be pretty accurate with the hole location or it will look second rate.

What other options do you have? Could the posts be flush fitted with chemset anchors or something? I don't know anything about this poured limestone. Is it just textured concrete or something else?

Terrian
11th May 2008, 02:57 PM
I don't know anything about this poured limestone. Is it just textured concrete or something else?

From what I have read of it it is just concrete made using crushed limestone & white cement rather than bluestone & grey cement, so working with it should be pretty much thes ame as standard concrete...

autogenous
11th May 2008, 03:22 PM
I would say you need to core drill. You will need to go to at least 300mm in depth as the fence will eventually sway.

Pipes or no pipes, kids, drunks, water and glass are a combination for disaster.