PDA

View Full Version : Premium

jit02
30th April 2008, 09:06 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can give me any reviews on Readyflor.

Is it a better floating floor than others on the market because it has a hardwood core, compared to others which are softwood?

Is it a click together system?

Is the top layer Australian hardwood?

Please any reviews welcome!

Gaza
30th April 2008, 09:14 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can give me any reviews on Readyflor.

Is it a better floating floor than others on the market because it has a hardwood core, compared to others which are softwood?

Is it a click together system? both T&G and click are supplied.

Is the top layer Australian hardwood? depends on what species is selected, eg merbau, american oak are overseas jarrah is australian, there product is made overseas.

Please any reviews welcome!

this is the maket leader is sales volume in australia good value for money, if anything will fail it will be the installation. not the timber, this company has been around for years and do a good job.

jit02
30th April 2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks Gaza,

Would you say that the t&g or the click is better?
Do you know which other species are Australian?

Gaza
30th April 2008, 10:27 PM
http://www.premiumfloors.com.au/scripts/WebObjects.exe/Premium.woa/105/wo/sRfc2OKsGKKu3057e7s1bu4YIfx/3.5.19.0.0.3
there website has the speices on it, the true blue australaian timbers are.

tas oak (some other brands of pre finhshed floor use a asian timber that looks silmar to our tas oak)
jarrah
rose gum

species which consumers are lead to beleive are austrlain but are not
north box
southern box
ironwood

imported
merbua
heva
walnut
oak

T&G o click makes no differnce in my mind, T&G is good as each board is glued togther thus locking th floor together click uses the profile to lock boards in.

years ago we used interlock spotted gum which had the same click profile as ready floor it went down fast but was hardwork to get the boards in against the walls.

jit02
30th April 2008, 10:43 PM
So..would you say to go for Australian species first or go by the janka hardness. For example the Ironwood has a hardness of 10.5 but is imported, and rose gum is 7.5, which would be the better floor? And how would these compare to say Sydney Blu Gum?