PDA

View Full Version : Flexi-water pipes , ok for shower plumbing?

jambo000
12th January 2008, 04:58 PM
Hi all,

I want to relocate my shower head pipe and wish to use the flexi braided water pipes (you see in bunnings) in part of the plumbing , i notice the bore of the pipe is smaller than the 15mm copper i have already installed. If i use this pipe will the flexi-pipe cause a bottle-neck in my shower head flow? Or is using flex-pipe bad practice and i should stick to copper (or even hep20)?
Thanks for any advice!

Jim

bricks
12th January 2008, 05:41 PM
Hi all,

I want to relocate my shower head pipe and wish to use the flexi braided water pipes (you see in bunnings) in part of the plumbing , i notice the bore of the pipe is smaller than the 15mm copper i have already installed. If i use this pipe will the flexi-pipe cause a bottle-neck in my shower head flow? Or is using flex-pipe bad practice and i should stick to copper (or even hep20)?
Thanks for any advice!

Jim

Not allowed to use any mechanical joins inside a wall, eventually they will leak.

wonderplumb
12th January 2008, 06:44 PM
Especially not a flexi!!! Worst thing you could do.

jedmanrocks
14th January 2008, 08:11 PM
i found one in a wall the other week. on a hot water line, a 450mm hooker between 2 x no3s. only reason i can guess is the bloke ran out of copper and didnt want to buy another length.
ps. by the way the hooker wasnt leaking, we were renovating the bathroom. looked like it had been there at least 8 to 10 years. still, anyone who puts one in a wall needs shooting.:doh:

wonderplumb
14th January 2008, 09:27 PM
Thats pretty ordinary.