PDA

View Full Version : Securing Clothes Line on Wire Cut Bricks????

Fr_303
11th December 2007, 10:55 AM
Whats the best method for securing a fold down clothes line on a wire cut brick wall.
I tried spacing it so I can hit the meat of the bricks but it cant be done. No mater what I will hit the brick holes.
Any ideas??

droog
11th December 2007, 11:10 AM
I assume you are concerned with using Dyna bolts and not having them holding in the voids in the bricks.
The bricks in our house have many small holes through them, I now only use Excalibur bolts to attach to the brickwork and have no problem with them.
These are the bolts with a course thread that screw into the brick. Bunnings stock them

Regards Dave

silentC
11th December 2007, 11:24 AM
Either fix a batten to the wall first and then fix the clothesline to that, or get the ground installation kit and give the wall a miss altogether.

Fr_303
11th December 2007, 11:55 AM
I assume you are concerned with using Dyna bolts and not having them holding in the voids in the bricks.
The bricks in our house have many small holes through them, I now only use Excalibur bolts to attach to the brickwork and have no problem with them.
These are the bolts with a course thread that screw into the brick. Bunnings stock them

Regards Dave

I heard the excalibur bolts might come loose in time especially when the wind hits the clothes.

droog
11th December 2007, 01:07 PM
I have a number of attachments to the brick wall some of them have been there for 5 years plus. Once the Excalabur bolts are tight I have never had problems with them working loose.

And yes my fold-up clothesline is attached to the brick wall with Excalabur bolts.

Regards Dave

Fr_303
11th December 2007, 01:45 PM
Thanks I just bought some of them bolts i'll try them later.

Tools
12th December 2007, 06:57 PM
Chemset