PDA

View Full Version : Garden Shed..prefab...

some_one
15th November 2007, 12:26 PM
Hi All,
I have just purchased a 3.95*3.13*1.9m, garden shed. It has all the panels ready to be put together. I have put bricks just short of the shed area and plan to put the shed wall on the outside, so the water will not get in, but how do I secure the base of the shed? I was told I could buy Pegs to secure it, but as I do not plan to put whole base as concrete what are my options? Is it pissible to secure just the pegs firmly into ground or any other ideas? I have not seen what type of steel pegs are available but any ideas till then. Also any suggestions on how to water proof the roof or corners, the roof comes in full length or even any other tips be great and much appreciated. Thanks.

boban
15th November 2007, 04:28 PM
I can't think of anything cheaper or easier than putting in a little slab.

Problem with any other option would be watching the thing blow away in a decent gale.

Sturdee
15th November 2007, 07:12 PM
Hi All,
Is it possible to secure just the pegs firmly into ground or any other ideas? I have not seen what type of steel pegs are available but any ideas till then. Also any suggestions on how to water proof the roof or corners, the roof comes in full length or even any other tips be great and much appreciated. Thanks.

You can anchor it to the ground with tent pegs if it is in a gale proof location. I have done that in the past and it worked well.

Tent pegs are available in various lenghts from camping or disposal stores up to about 400 mm. Hammer them into the ground with the hook over the bottom lip of the walls.

Flastac tape for the waterproofing if it is necessary.

Peter.

Chumley
16th November 2007, 12:05 PM
I had a garden shed that moved slightly in a windstorm - it was only sitting on the ground with no internal flooring. I knocked a couple of star pickets into the ground right where the corner of the shed was then screwed some self-tappers through the star picket holes into the corner of the shed, just like the screws that hold it all together. Rock solid for the next 15 years.
Cheers,
Adam

some_one
16th November 2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks for that guys...I have just bought some large bolts from HW store and will try to see if I can put them at a distance apart and then fix them in concrete..I hope that will work..I plan to drill holes in the bottom plate of he shed and then pass the blots through and enbedd them in concrete. Let me know what you guys think? Thanks.

"I had a garden shed that moved slightly in a windstorm - it was only sitting on the ground with no internal flooring. I knocked a couple of star pickets into the ground right where the corner of the shed was then screwed some self-tappers through the star picket holes into the corner of the shed, just like the screws that hold it all together. Rock solid for the next 15 years." Any chances of having a pic for any one of the corners?