PDA

View Full Version : It's all Al's fault!!..

savage
19th October 2007, 09:11 PM
O.K. as promised a few months back and lack of time to post here due to a new direction in a hobby that I intend to intergrate into my woodwork, here is my first major work after 4 simple sun-catchers. It is entered into the Campbelltown Fishers Ghost Festival, much to my reluctance. But thanks again to the post's by Al (Ozwinner) I am enjoying this greatly. This is the form of lead-lighting called "Foiling", as used to make the Tiffany lamp shade's, as of next week I will be learning to do the older style and more traditional lead-light with the heavier lead. My first job will be the side light on the front door as I replaced the door last year with a nice lead-light.

Well here it is, I have called it "Tall Ship", I hope you like it and I also hope the picture turns out.

DJ’s Timber
19th October 2007, 09:41 PM
Brilliant job :2tsup: Savage, shame Al doesn't hang around here anymore to see what he started :o:U

savage
19th October 2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks!...What happened to Al?....!!!

Gra
19th October 2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks!...What happened to Al?....!!!

He don't hang out here any more, but I will point him to this thread to let him know he started something:2tsup:

By the way, cool ship, good luck with the judges (where's the fingers crossed smilie)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
19th October 2007, 10:50 PM
That is one nice panel!

Got any ideas of a final resting place for it after the show?

wheelinround
20th October 2007, 10:11 AM
Nice to see you back Eric.

It's a nice piece of work admire lead lighting totally.:2tsup: Good luck at the exhibition.

Ray

savage
21st October 2007, 01:41 AM
I am not sure what to do with it yet, I might put it on ebay just to suss out the reaction I really don't know as yet.

G'Day ray, how ya been, as yo can see I've been busy, plus Physio 4 days a week plus all the normal chores And my daughter using my puter, Ive not had much time to myself.

wheelinround
21st October 2007, 08:50 AM
I am not sure what to do with it yet, I might put it on ebay just to suss out the reaction I really don't know as yet.

G'Day ray, how ya been, as yo can see I've been busy, plus Physio 4 days a week plus all the normal chores And my daughter using my puter, Ive not had much time to myself.

PM Dingo he's into buying boats :D:p at least this one he could hang in the lounge room

Improving Eric slowly to damn slowly leg has healed but ankle is another matter. No its warmer I hope t get out to the gym again so might call in if its still ok.

What have you done to be getting physio 4 days a week.??

savage
22nd October 2007, 02:10 AM
Hey Ray,
Sure, pop in when you can. I have an old back injury and it is just getting worse over time, but the insurance co reckon I can just go out and get a job, (would love to) but in reality that's not how the world works. Hence the woodwork and lead-lighting. I hope to sell a few pieces now and then, I'll tell you all about it when we meet, you'll get a laugh.

pawnhead
22nd October 2007, 08:50 AM
I have an old back injury and it is just getting worse over time, but the insurance co reckon I can just go out and get a job, (would love to) but in reality that's not how the world works. I know where you're coming from. I ended up having a back op, but it'll never be as good as it used to be.

It's a pity that we never grow any younger. :(

Tankstand
22nd October 2007, 06:56 PM
Looks great Savage, have you gotten the cutting down pat or do you grind to shape?

savage
23rd October 2007, 01:54 AM
Looks great Savage, have you gotten the cutting down pat or do you grind to shape?

Well it is a case of cutting as close as possible andgrozing the edges, then with a final grind to fit. Sounds like a quick thing to do but sometimes one piece can take a few hours to get it just right.

savage
1st November 2007, 08:40 PM
Well, tonight was the judging of the arts and crafts in the Fishers Ghost Festival and guess what, I took out 1st place in the lead lighting section, all unexpected and a little embarrassing.:B

Wood Butcher
1st November 2007, 08:47 PM
:bravaWell Done! Don't be embarrased, it is a fine piece of craftsmanship!:2tsup:

DJ’s Timber
1st November 2007, 08:59 PM
:brava well deserved if you ask me :2tsup:

Brickie
30th December 2007, 05:08 PM
Nice piece Savage.

Owh, and Al's still here, somewhere..:roll:

echnidna
30th December 2007, 05:15 PM
In future don't take any notice of Al,

forgive me please Al
(insert leg humping smilie here)

Brickie
30th December 2007, 05:23 PM
That Al seems like such a nice chap....:roll:

savage
30th December 2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks brickie, ahh! Al's O.K. his bark is worse than his humpin'..err! I mean bite!..yes!...yes!..bite....his bark is worse than his bite!....LOOK!...what's that up there!....(run away!)....Ha, works every time!..:roll:

Brickie
30th December 2007, 05:30 PM
Sooo.....done anymore leadlighting?

I have moved onto metalwork, sorry, I mean Al has....:fisch:

OLDPHART
30th December 2007, 07:55 PM
Onya!!:2tsup:

savage
30th December 2007, 08:39 PM
Yup!...I'll have to get around to taking some pictures.

wheelinround
31st December 2007, 09:17 AM
Well done Eric :2tsup: