PDA

View Full Version : Wall Sheeting

Aries25au
7th August 2007, 10:45 PM
Hi All,
I am redoing my bathroom and I am making a internal sliding door in it. The wall that the door is on can I use "blueborad" for that as I have a number of sheets left over from a room extiension I have built?
It would save me buying villa-board etc
I would be attaching it to a masonary wall with masonary adhesive and then using tape to seal the joints and the cement flushing compund. After that I was going to waterproof the sheets paint it white then attach my door and put up my fals wall. Does anyone find anything wrong with this idea?
The wall is about 2.7m x 2m

Many Thanks in advance..........:)

Aries25au
9th August 2007, 09:32 PM
Anyone PLZZZ

RufflyRustic
9th August 2007, 09:50 PM
I'm no builder or renovator, but everything you've suggested sounds pretty good. use the right sort of adhesive for the blue board, tape, waterproofing etc etc - yep, sounds logical and well-thought out. can you come and renovate my bathroom for me when you've finished yours :rolleyes: :B

Good luck!

cheers
Wendy

Metung
10th August 2007, 11:39 AM
I'm not sure if I have understood your proposal correctly but if I have then I would be putting up my "false wall" against the masonary wall, incorporating the cavity slider door, and then putting the blueboard over that.

Aries25au
10th August 2007, 10:06 PM
My proposal is that the masonary wall alreaady exists...........and has a opening door on it.I will remove the door from the frame.............and as the wall has had all the old tiles removed. it now has just the brick showing. I was wanting to put up the blue-board to cover the brick appearance and paint the blue-board. then install onto the old door frame the sliding rail,,,,,,,,,,,,,and then make my false wall to hide the door and wall.just a way of finishing off the brick rough look. I know you wont see it, but I will know its there......:)