PDA

View Full Version : Tiling - Which One Should I Use?

Metal Head
1st August 2007, 01:22 AM
Hi,

I want to do the tiling on the window shelf & vertically down to the laundry sink next. But what material would you suggest I use to place the tiles onto in this wet area - plasterboard, cement sheet, villa board or something else?

Either way, can someone please explain where would you generally use the above mentioned materials please?

The image attached is the area I have to do.

Cheers
MH

China
1st August 2007, 10:07 PM
Cement sheet or Villa board wuld be fine, I may stand corrected but I think Villa board is just a brand of fibre cement sheeting

Metal Head
1st August 2007, 10:15 PM
Cement sheet or Villa board wuld be fine, I may stand corrected but I think Villa board is just a brand of fibre cement sheeting

Thanks for that China. However, I am surprised by the lack of replies (even if they are only one worded), maybe I have upset most of the members here:(.

MH

pharmaboy2
1st August 2007, 11:07 PM
shelf should be sitting on a solid timber base, so any ceement sheet will do - the wall simply depends on what the rest of the room will be in - if you are doing plasterboard then use plasterboard etc -vertical mosaic tiles dont exactly weigh much, but I suppose it depends if you have family members in the habit of spraying water on the walls on adaily basis.....