PDA

View Full Version : Double hung sash hardware required

peter_sm
31st July 2007, 09:38 PM
I have restored our double hung sash windows and repainted. They had three different types of lifters on them. And all of the twist locks are gummed up with old paint, rusty, stiff and a couple different types also.

I see Lockwood have some chrome ones on their site, but the lifters only come in brass, not suitable style either. They had some lifters at Bunnies, but they were as strong as Milo tin lids.

It is an early 50's house, and we want to have era style stuff fitted. Chrome finish only. Any idea of brand, manufacturer, supplier etc in Melbourne area?

Just George
1st August 2007, 07:30 PM
Try www.sidscolonialmaterials.com.au (http://www.sidscolonialmaterials.com.au) they might have what you are looking for and they could send it to you.

scooter
1st August 2007, 08:55 PM
Checkout the glossy renovation rype magazines & annuals at Bunnings, there are a lot of ads for suppliers of the sort of stuff you're after.

We have the twist locks in a Zenith brand there to, in the door lock aisle.

Cheers..............Sean

peter_sm
1st August 2007, 11:35 PM
Looked at the Zenith ones and they are a bit 'cheap', being just die cast metal, and cost too much for what you get. I want the original brass ones, in chrome, or I can get them chromed.

Fitch fasteners I have found them to be called

Big Shed
1st August 2007, 11:40 PM
Have you tried Recollections (http://osc.recollections.com.au/eStore/index.php?cPath=3_11&sort=3a&page=2&osCsid=481e226597672f1551845dedaa6d1659) in Richmond?

scooter
1st August 2007, 11:40 PM
Another supplier worth trying could be Brassline, better quality stuff, don't know if they do sash window hardware though.

TermiMonster
1st August 2007, 11:42 PM
Retailers like 'handles plus', 'knobs and knockers', etc will have what you require.
TM

peter_sm
2nd August 2007, 12:22 AM
Thanks Big Shed, Recollections have the correct ones. Good price too.

peter_sm
2nd August 2007, 07:30 PM
$5 each at Recollections. The guy there said they also sell the same hardware at Early Settler furniture stores.

Solid brass and chromed.