PDA

View Full Version : Roof Restoration

lnt9000
26th July 2007, 09:21 PM
Had a roof done about 2.5 years ago by a mob called roofshield, still wearing very well, was pleased with the preparation and final finish, just recently noticed some stains in the ceiling near the lights in two adjacent rooms, although I'm not 100% sure that it is a leak(could be possums or birds drawn towards the warmth) I decided to call them in case I eventually do find the source, Initially a 7 year warranty was put in place, when I rang the chap concerned said he was no longer in the business and that his son got a crook back, his parents had recently passed away and he was looking after an invalid brother, well after that lot I wasn't about to argue with the man as it sounds as though he's had a hell of a time, Unfortunately there is no one else you can turn to, so 7 year warranty null & void, as I said I'm not sure if i have a problem at this stage but the roof still looks good with no fading blistering or pealing, so just thought I would post to warn others.

peter_sm
26th July 2007, 09:46 PM
Would it be covered under house insurance?

Builders HIH insurance?

I know our restumping was covered by an external insurance, not specifically the restumper, so if he stops business we are still covered for 7 years.

peter_sm
26th July 2007, 09:49 PM
Builders HIH insurance?

Just thought about what I said. HIH went into liquidation.

Home builders indemnity insurance.