PDA

View Full Version : Advice On Toilet Globe/Extractor Fan

Metal Head
28th June 2007, 10:43 PM
Hi,

I was hoping that our renovation of our toilet/laundry area would have been completed by todays visit by the electrician. He was going to fit in a light/extractor unit but having removed a couple of roof tiles above the area of placement he said the depth of the unit was to high:doh:. Thus he suggested buying a seperate fan e.g mistral and a batton globe holder. Unfortunately the previous unit (that fitted) was took away by the rubbish man 2 hours prior:(. He said it would be unlikely that I would find one small enough (160mm max interior depth), thus his suggestion of two seperate items that would operate off the same switch.

Is anyone here aware of a unit (extractor/globe - no heat or one may burn the top of their head if they stay too long sitting :wink:) that would do the job for us? We only have just over a day to purchase one so time is getting short.

If we had to go via seperate units would you say a wall mounted one (see attachment) is appropriate? We have a weatherboard which may make it awkward:?.

Cheers
MH

Burnsy
28th June 2007, 10:48 PM
We fitted square shaped fan flouro combos that look real nice and work well. Domus is the brand, might just squeeze into your 160mm. We got them from a lighting store but I saw our local Bunnings had something similar last month. They throw a good light and are a big improvement on the old batten look.

Metal Head
28th June 2007, 11:09 PM
Hi,

I have attached an image of the unit we (my wife & I) bought from Bunnings. What surprised though is the statement on the unit box saying "DIY"I wasn't aware (even with new homes) would idealy have a double GPO in the roof just above the toilet(s) and bathrooms(s):D :D.

Cheers
MH

Burnsy
28th June 2007, 11:12 PM
Hi,

I have attached an image of the unit we (my wife & I) bought from Bunnings. What surprised though is the statement on the unit box saying "DIY"I wasn't aware (even with new homes) would idealy have a double GPO in the roof just above the toilet(s) and bathrooms(s):D :D.

Cheers
MH

Looks like it is made in the same factory as the one I was talking about except ours is the square model.