PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Tiles

WillyInBris
7th May 2007, 10:44 AM
OK a mate of mine just rang me and asked should I lay the floor tiles then the wall tiles or the wall then the floor?

I have no idea haven't got to that stage with my bathroom yet.

Thanks in advance

Willy

Honorary Bloke
7th May 2007, 11:02 AM
Short answer, floor, then the wall. :)

WillyInBris
7th May 2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks Bob just gave him a call :2tsup:, I was thinking the same but ya never no if you dont ask.

mic-d
7th May 2007, 01:23 PM
Just make sure that if you lay the floor first, you do not use the floor as the reference for the first row of wall tiles since it could be up-and-down or out of level and you want your wall grout lines nice and plumb/level. Reference the wall tles to a horizontal chalkline on the wall. But the best way is to set the wall tiles first minus the bottom row then set the floor tiles and finally set the last row of wall tiles cut to fit the gap. This prevents damage to the floor tiles with all the to-ing and fro-ing setting the wall.

Cheers
Michael

bricks
7th May 2007, 05:35 PM
I normally start the walls almost one row up from the floor to allow for fall in the floor. This is so i dont scratch and dirty up my new floor tiles when i do the walls. Then i do the floor right up to the wall. Then i go back and fill in the last row of wall tiles at floor level,

I normally use a straight edge- leveled and screwed to the wall all the way around to set the first tiles from. In this case if your cuts at the bottom arn't 100% up to scratch its not as noticeable.

celeste
7th May 2007, 08:43 PM
Hi all

Everything I have read and what I do is walls then floor same method as bricks.

Celeste