PDA

View Full Version : shotcrete have you used it

pdoc
11th March 2007, 08:22 AM
Hi guy<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
I currently in the process of digging out under my house which is on a hill and build basically on clay in <ST1:p<ST1:CMelbourne</ST1:City></ST1:place>. The purpose is so I can create a space as a tool shop, storage, and a cellar. <O:p</O:pI've been thinking of how I will finish the area; concrete slab etc. I think I will be digging for the next 10 years at this rate!!!!!!

<O:p</O:pBut was reading about shotcrete and wondered has anyone used it for this purpose, it certainly would address the issue of damp (although it is not all that damp under there) there also doesn’t seem to be any water (although I may put some drainage in just incise)

<O:p</O:pAnyway interested in any advice in using shotcrete for this type of application.

<O:p</O:pThanks<O:p</O:p

Bleedin Thumb
11th March 2007, 08:32 AM
I sometimes use shotcrete to create artificial rock either for purely decrotive purposes or as a way of stabilizing an embankment.
You still have to place drainage behind it.
I can give you the names of 2 blokes that do it, they are the best, you may have noticed their work Melbourne or Sydney Zoo etc.

Obviously artificial rock is more expensive that straight troweled shotcrete but a very funky effect if you want it.
PM me if this is what your after.