PDA

View Full Version : Repairing tiles

LucyJane
27th February 2007, 11:47 AM
Just wondering what product I should use to repair holes in tiles where towel rails and toilet roll holders have been. I really don't want to replace the tiles so if there is some kind of filler I can use in white tiles that would be great.
Thanks for any help offered.

silentC
27th February 2007, 11:52 AM
A lot of people just use grout. The hole will still be obvious - less so in a white tile though. You could try some white bathroom silicone sealant. It will be very difficult to disguise the hole altogether. Best finish and durability-wise would be some sort of polystyrene filler like builder's bog but I don't know if you would get that in white. It's usually grey or pinkish in colour and would stand out like a sore thumb. It could also be a problem to sand it off without scratching the tile.

If it was me, I would just fill them with grout and then try not to look at them again :wink:

journeyman Mick
27th February 2007, 12:02 PM
LJ,
what Silent C said, plus if possible try to position the new rails, toilet roll holder etc so they use at least some of the original holes, or if that isn't possible, so that the towels, toilet roll etc covers.

Mick