PDA

View Full Version : Pool edge tiles?

scottyk
6th February 2007, 10:55 PM
I have seen people stick nice bull nose edge tiles on there old swimming pools with a product from a tube. The pool I have in mind is the old style fiberglass type with a flat section around the edge that lends itself to this treatment.
Any advice would be greatly appeciated.
Scotty

ciscokid
7th February 2007, 06:51 AM
I have a concrete and plaster pool with decorative tile all around. Every winter, a few tiles loosen and fall in. I tried the caulk in the tube and had no success. It's too rubbery. I did have good luck with the sanded tile grout that comes in a tub however. Best of luck!

Bleedin Thumb
7th February 2007, 08:37 AM
ScottyK, I have never used a glue to fix tiles to a pool surround -always used mortar.
Not saying you cant but you still have to mortar the joints and also under the paver because that is visible when your in the pool.
If you use a glue -maxbond etc you could do a bead underneath and infill the joints once the glue has set. The overhang is the tricky bit.
A word of warning it is not advisable to do this job when the pool is full because so much mortar falls in the water you will have to change it anyway unless you are very very careful.