PDA

View Full Version : Grohe taps vs Methven

srslam
6th February 2007, 10:31 PM
We were going to buy grohe taps for our bathroom renovation but a salesman at the plumbing supply store told us that methven taps were cheaper and better with a longer warranty. Does anyone have any experience with methven taps or can you recommend any others. Thanks.

seriph1
15th February 2007, 07:40 PM
I haven't heard of them but have used Grohe and while it worked it was great (hand held shower thingie) - when it failed, it was simply bloody dangerous, as the lovely stainless housing delaminated and was razor sharp. I doubt they would be made like this these days though ........... I'd would forget brand and go with what you like...... so long as you get a decent warranty and the firm you're buying from is well known and solid.

BTW personally, I have been buying ll my taps from the US and UK - dont care about approvals..... they're for me - and stunning, every one! :D:D:D:D:D

MurrayD99
15th February 2007, 08:53 PM
Methven is made here (NZ) and is reputable. No issues with quality or design that I have heard of.

peter_sm
16th February 2007, 05:44 PM
I have only ever bought Australian made taps and found them very good quality but not cheap.