PDA

View Full Version : Lightening Tas Oak Lining Boards

Krazee
5th February 2007, 01:14 AM
I need some advice. Tas Oak lining boards in our family room are looking a little tired and have darkened with age. Have only had one coat of 'estapol' or equivalent approx 15 years ago. SWMBO and I are reluctant to replace the Tas Oak have been thinking about other ideas for sprucing up and lightening the room a bit. Thought about a 'wash' finish but does this mean we have to get all the existing finish off or is there a finish we can use after a light sand?

Any other ideas would be appreciated!

Geoff

seriph1
5th February 2007, 09:28 AM
hi - my suggestion would be to visit PORTERS PAINTS in South Yarra. Kim is the owner (a great bloke) and he will be able to guide you through a vast range of options for updating your lining boards. They have so many spectacular finishes that you will want to spend at least an hour going through them - they also run a great class on applying wall finishes..... if the same guy is running it who did the class i was in, he is bloody brilliant!

It would probably help too, to take pics of your room along and any magazine images of colours/washes you like.

Finally, you may get a bit of a shock at the prices, but believe me, no other Australian paint manufacturer comes even close to their stuff - they try but as usual, the megacorporations miss the point..... and after all, you have to sit in your room and enjoy it every day..... end of sermon :D:D:D:D:D

have fun!