PDA

View Full Version : Toilet P-Trap not aligned

javaman
2nd February 2007, 10:34 AM
Did my first ever renovation last night (YAY!), basically changing the toilet loo (pan?).

What I found out though, is the pan connection is not level between the loo and the pipe exiting the wall. About 0.5cm off, and this caused a bit of leaking (it leaked with the old toilet as well).

What are my options ? Is there a product that raises the pan a bit? I was also thinking putting laminate flooring which will give just the right height. Is this a wise idea ?

silentC
2nd February 2007, 10:39 AM
What's the floor made from?

OBBob
2nd February 2007, 11:00 AM
I'll get myself in trouble here because I don't knwo the proper names! :) But the fitting that goes on the end of the sewerage PVC with the black ring in it that the toilet pan slots into ...

Well you can get two versions. One is ofset, so that you can rotate it to get a little bit of offset to compensate for the sort of issue you are having.

OK ... found them here. http://www.iplex.com.au/iplex/search/catalog1.asp?category=100728

Collar is what I was thinking of.

scooter
2nd February 2007, 10:13 PM
OB is on the money, offset pan collar I think.

emptybucketman
5th February 2007, 12:08 PM
I persisted with the chisel and club hammer and it paid off. The loose bricks were located around an inset soap dish and an old pipe chase.