PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Reno

WillyInBris
21st January 2007, 08:27 PM
Hi Peoples.

Currently I am renovating my bathroom sorry, should say our bathroom.

I am laying down the cement sheets onto Hardwood T&G floorboards at the moment and have a couple of questions, on the sheets its has about 300 dots am I supposed to nail every dot?

Should I liquid nail it as well, or would it just be a waste?

I spoke to a guy a Something10 and he said if he was going to do the waterproofing he would only use polyurethane, he explained acrylic is ok and they have it but he has never seen a problem with polyurethane in any bathroom he has done this way. he couldn't tell me where I can get it as he has only just moved to Brisbane.

So anyone in Brisbane no where I can get the polyurethane from, I am not worried about the cost as I only have just finished a day of replacing water damaged floorboards and that was just so much fun :(( and I don't want to have that happen to another person down the track.

Thx in advance willy

OBBob
22nd January 2007, 07:42 AM
Hi there Willy.

Yes you should nail each dot. You can get gal nails that have a fish scale type patern on them so that go in but don't come out so easily (sorry can't remember the proper name). Go to the CSR website, they will have a brochure on how to do eaxctly what you are trying to do.

Not sure about adhesive, I have never used it and I'm pretty sure it isn't required by the cement sheet manufactureres.

sco
24th January 2007, 07:02 PM
The builder that helps me out with bits and pieces tenders for BSA rectification work. He only uses polyurethane for waterproofing as he has done a number of bathroom repairs where acrylic waterproofing failed due to excessive movement (not really the acrylic's fault - shouldn't have been used where there was too much movement).

arms
26th January 2007, 09:35 AM
all water proofing membrane should be reinforced with fiberglass Matt into it to stop separation through movement irrespective of either acrylic or polyurethane being used