PDA

View Full Version : paint/colourbond

AndrewPatrol
15th January 2007, 10:51 PM
anyone got any sensible ideas to get my sloppy paintwork off the down-pipes which are colourbond. Paint is exterior gloss acrylic. I have thought about painting down-pipes but then i'd have to get the dags off house LOL . Next time I'll mask, but until then ------anyone????

Big Shed
15th January 2007, 11:15 PM
Depends how old it is, but metho should take it off when fresh.

Also hot water and sugar soap.

Black Ned
16th January 2007, 02:23 PM
Try using a waterblaster - Acrylic paint sets like plastic sheet and once loosened should peel under pressure

enya
17th January 2007, 01:02 PM
hi anyone got any advice on what paint to use on kitchen cuboards (they are melamine/formica/vinyl) not sure what you call it but the regular stuff you see kitchen cuboards made of. is there a special kind i need to use and also i was going to use a paint to do the feature wall in the bedroom that paint that looks like its material when its on the wall ( i think it might be a velvety look) anyway someone told me not to bother as the next time i will want to decorate i will have to sand the whole wall down first before painting as its got grains in it. is this correct. this is my first renovating attempt and i know im not too good at it but any help advice or information would be greatly appreciated. thanking all in advance
kind regards
Enya