PDA

View Full Version : Gutter question

WazOz
14th December 2006, 12:04 PM
Hi again, wife has decided the gutters need painting, I thought the flaking paint and bare patches looked unique:eek:, another job on the to do list.
What I am after is advice of easiest ways to remove old paint, and the best ways/methods for new painting, will be totally DIY by me:(, gal gutters and downpipes. What is the best paint to use for gutters, solarguard? etc.
Cheers for help in the past, present and future.

Gumby
14th December 2006, 02:28 PM
Hi again, wife has decided the gutters need painting, I thought the flaking paint and bare patches looked unique:eek:, another job on the to do list.
What I am after is advice of easiest ways to remove old paint, and the best ways/methods for new painting, will be totally DIY by me:(, gal gutters and downpipes. What is the best paint to use for gutters, solarguard? etc.
Cheers for help in the past, present and future.

I used Solarguard on the colourbond gutters when we decided to change to house colours. I just painted it over the top with no problems. You'd never pick it as repainted.

Removing the old stuff is a pain and I would only do the flakey bits. maybe a wire brush or try a heat gun.

WazOz
15th December 2006, 02:48 AM
Thanks Gumby, looks like a bit of elbow grease is called for. Solarguard is the go.
Cheers