PDA

View Full Version : tiki bar

ciscokid
11th December 2006, 11:19 PM
Hi all. I've always had a love for things tiki. And, needing something to go out by the cement pond, I decided to build a tiki bar. It is eighteen feet in diameter, octagonal, with 16 rafters all radiating up to a big drum in the center. This provides a very open area inside and will allow me to hang a ceiling fan come Spring. It has a twelve foot long dog-leg bamboo bar with a slate top and took 8 yards of concrete to pour the slab. There is a real shingled roof under all that palm thatch due to the amount of wiring and rope lighting I installed. Outlets behind the bar provide for surf and Hawaiian music and power the blenders for those who may like a little alcoholic refreshment. Bamboo walls behind the bar are bare right now but will have shelving for my tiki mug collection soon. It has already withstood some really good storms with 60 mph winds and has emerged intact each time. Hope you like it.

Harry72
12th December 2006, 01:08 AM
Nice... jack lives there?

underused
12th December 2006, 01:39 AM
Really looks great mate:) The pool as well!
wish I had that kind of space to sit back and relax in

Wood Borer
12th December 2006, 02:26 AM
Nice work.

ciscokid
12th December 2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks, guys. No, Jack doesn't live there, but she sure supervised every bit of construction. I will never, never, ever again build a structure with an eight-sided roof. I don't know what I was thinking.

Bob38S
13th December 2006, 10:05 AM
Looks really good - pool fences here unfortunately spoil most pool views.

Before I open up the fence v's no fence arguments, parent's responsibility or lack there of - let me say that I do have a pool, do have a legal pool fence etc - but around my property I could almost throw a rock into 4 dams - [we are rural/residential]

However Cisco, looks good and enjoy.
Thanks for sharing,
Bob

Harry72
13th December 2006, 01:30 PM
"No, Jack doesn't live there, but she sure supervised every bit of construction. I will never, never, ever again build a structure with an eight-sided roof. I don't know what I was thinking."

Yep I have trouble building things with Jacks as a supervisor too!

Ross
13th December 2006, 01:42 PM
Cement pond............oh you mean a billabong!

If you come to this country you now have to learn to speak english.

Very nice.

Ross