PDA

View Full Version : Canopy Installation

funkigreendog
25th November 2006, 05:06 PM
Hi all,

Will be renovating our kitchen shortly and am just in the process of organising all the odds and ends. Very simple question first up, which tradesman is usually the one to install a canopy rangehood, and carry out all the ducting etc?

Before today I thought it was the electrician, however I had two of them come through saying they weren't so I'm guessing they're right.

Cheers,
Peter

Sybarite
25th November 2006, 07:35 PM
If the sparkies say they can't do it (the ducting) then they should have at least told you who will...

My favourite plumber/ gasfitter ducts hoods, so my money is on a pipe man if you want to use a tradie, although you may be able to do some of the roughing in yourself.

If the hood is going to be hard wired then an electrician also needs to be involved.

NOTE - make sure the hood is vented to the exterior of the building, as per recent posts on the same topic.

johnc
25th November 2006, 07:40 PM
Cabinetmaker/ Electrician. Ducting may require a plumber, dpends on what was there before.

funkigreendog
25th November 2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the responses guys.

Basically there is nothing there now, as we have an ordinary ceiling fan. My cabinet maker is creating a "box" for it to be mounted on, therefore I assume, the sparkie needs to install a power for it, leaving the mounting/ducting to the plumber?

Haven't had any quotes from plumbers yet, so thatwill be next on my list.

Barry_White
25th November 2006, 08:36 PM
Air Conditioning guys are pretty good at doing ducting and they usually can have it manufactured by their favourite sheet metal tradesman.