PDA

View Full Version : Bush Rock garden edging wanted

Smiley Guy
10th November 2006, 03:52 PM
My friend wants a bushrock garden border done for his garden but is having trouble finding somebody to do it. He wants the mortar done with a good quality, smooth finish and also wants edging so the grass does not grow up to the rocks (so he can trim it with an edge trimmer).

Can anybody here reccommend anybody or themselves? Please leave your details here or I can leave my email address if you want.

My firend's house is in Holsworthy, Sydney.

Bleedin Thumb
13th November 2006, 12:57 PM
Not another rockery!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

SG I hope this friend isnt you as I am about to get abusive!!!;)

Really the use of bush rock is not on. It is taken from the bush by the thousands of tonnes every year. Its supposed to be controlled by permits but you still get cowboys plundering areas.:mad:
Bush rock is a habitat for animals, keeps water in the soil and reduces the intensity of bushfires and looks good.
It is not a sustainable resource and has no place being used as a garden ornament.
IMHO it looks like crap when its got smooth mortar between too.:p
Go to a quarry and get some quarry rock, its cheap and you can work it to what shape you want and it really doesnt take that long to get a natural patina on it. Splash some yoghurt and milk on it.

I feel better now!

Smiley Guy
14th November 2006, 01:20 PM
Well the bush rock can make a nice habitat for animals in his garden!

No really - he has lots of existing bush rock from when he bought the house. He just wants somebody to lay it nicely.

Is there anybody out there who works in the South Western Sydney and can lay bush rock nicely?

Bleedin Thumb
14th November 2006, 01:48 PM
Well I guess we can't tell him to go and put it back in the bush:rolleyes:

I'd offer to help but my reputation is at stake, and my insurance cover doesn't extend to rockeries.:D

Try Kyle from Outlook Landscapes 0424 763322. Don't mention my name:o :D