PDA

View Full Version : Best Brick Paint - others ideas for a brick wall in my yard?

makka619
26th October 2006, 03:33 PM
I want to do something with this brick wall - I can't get proper pics right now because of all the logs in the way.

Should I use brick paint to clean it up a bit? What type of paint suits an outside brick wall?

It doesn't really serve a purpose. It used to be part of the fenceline but a new one was installed and further back on the neighbours property.

Or any other suggestions for what I could do with it?

:):):)
thanks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/little_bear_81/brickwall1019.jpg

Jimbeam
16th November 2006, 03:22 PM
If its redundent, pull it down...I would. Think about what an ex-girlfriend might have done to you off and go at it with a sledge hammer.

pharmaboy2
16th November 2006, 04:28 PM
OK, here's a Jamie Durie answer.

The gaps in the block work are just made for tea light candles on a summers evening - they even have their own windbreak!

So paint the wall something like mocha java, in weathershield, attach a roll of naturereed to the zincalume shed in the back, build a low level timber deck about 3m square. On the left hand end, build a frame with racking to hold the wood pile off the ground and make it into a feature - all the cut edges of the timber facing inwards towards the deck of course.

Add one wide daybed on wheels to keep the wife happy. for you, chemset an anchor into the wall and on the left corner and attach hammock - I think you can get beer holders for them these days too!

When you are in the doghouse - its a beer spot away from the house, when you are desperate - light the candles, bring out the champagne and romance the lady of the house..........

Of course, a 10lb sledgy would make light work of it as well......