PDA

View Full Version : Gender Equity

bitingmidge
17th October 2006, 11:09 PM
The little bloke arrived tonight, 7 lbs 10 oz in the old dimensions, so it looks like from now on, I'm sleeping with a grandmother! :eek: :eek: :eek:

They're calling him Sebastian,:eek: so I reckon he'll learn to hold his own in a fight OK.

We're going down to the big smoke in the morning to deliver the cricket bat (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=38997), but I was a bit concerned that maybe I was placing too much emphasis on blokeyness for such a little fella.

So last night to even up the score a bit, I knitted him a pair of footy socks!

Cheers,

P (of course they're MAROON!)
:D :D :D

ozwinner
17th October 2006, 11:17 PM
Weeeellll hellooooooo Grandad....:D

Al :p

Cliff Rogers
17th October 2006, 11:23 PM
Grandpa Peter. :cool:

Feeling old yet?

Congrats. :)

Wongo
17th October 2006, 11:31 PM
Another Queenslander.:eek:

Congratulations me friend.:)

journeyman Mick
17th October 2006, 11:42 PM
Congratulations BM!
However, in the BB convention of things not having happened unless there's photographic (or video) evidence, well we want proof! No, not piccies of the bub (I'm sure you won't be able to help yourself;) ), no, we want pictures of you knitting. (We don't really, at least I don't as I've a feeling it may be a serious code infringement)

Mick (knit one, purl one)

scooter
17th October 2006, 11:47 PM
Good work to the midge descendants :p

... so it looks like from now on, I'm sleeping with a grandmother! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Better than her lot... :rolleyes: :D

They're calling him Sebastian,:eek: so I reckon he'll learn to hold his own in a fight OK.

:D :D

Cheers mate.................Sean

keith53
17th October 2006, 11:54 PM
So? What's all the hoopla? Like, knitting's a big deal? You've got a lot to learn Peter. Knit one, pearl one. Nice to hear that your focus will have something else on the horizon buuuutttt, isn't this the first??? I can say with some authority, after the sixth, it doesn't get any different.:D

Remember, in thru the nose, out thru the mouth.

Cheers,
Keith

Ashore
18th October 2006, 12:15 AM
Congrats mate I have 4 under 3 years old, from here on it only gets worse , 3000 times the same wiggles programe high 5 , bob the builder , dora , etc etc then thay stay overnight and wake up at 0500 cause there excited to be at grandads & granmams place and so it goes , but the bottom line is you wouldn't trade one minute of it for a bandsaw , though those hammer units are tempting espically when they are teething. :rolleyes:

Rgds

Rocker
18th October 2006, 04:37 AM
:

:D :D :D

Very 'Brideshead Revisited'. Congratulations, grandpa. That foily you wore at the wedding did the trick, it seems:D

Rocker

bitingmidge
18th October 2006, 06:27 AM
no, we want pictures of you knitting. (We don't really, at least I don't as I've a feeling it may be a serious code infringement)
May I humbly suggest a small amendment to the code that allows serious lapses of blokeyness during grand-pregnancy!

P
:cool: :cool: :cool:

bennylaird
18th October 2006, 08:33 AM
Way to go Midge, giving him good values in life from an early age.

Have to learn to work in the shed as you carry him round in one arm, give him the smell of freshly worked wood so it will set him up for life. Then when he shares his own aroma, hand him to Grandma:D :D :D

Cliff Rogers
18th October 2006, 08:43 AM
.... those hammer units are tempting espically when they are teething......
What? Don't they come with blades? :confused: ;) :D

bennylaird
18th October 2006, 08:49 AM
What? Don't they come with blades? :confused: ;) :D

Nah they are an optional extra, Brendan supplies them for a small fee plus commission. :D :D :D

Get him teething on a good steak anyway:D

Gumby
18th October 2006, 09:04 AM
A fine effort BM, congrats. :)

BTW, our forum video collection is missing a knitting section. I've been really worried about that and trying to find somebody to cover it for us. In fact I've had lots of requests from members to do one. But being a Victorian bloke, I can't. They'd make me move to Qld or SA if i did.
Any chance of you doing the vid for us. :) We're not fussy. Socks or a scarf would be fine. :)

RufflyRustic
18th October 2006, 09:42 AM
Congratulations Peter and Jo! Lovely gifts for the little Sebastian.

Cheers
Wendy

silentC
18th October 2006, 10:00 AM
Congratulations Midge. You know when they say knit one, pearl two or whatever? I know what knit is, but who or what is Pearl?

craigb
18th October 2006, 10:21 AM
Nice one Midge! Many congratulations.

Shedgirl
1st November 2006, 02:31 PM
Well done Midge, knitting is way harder than woodwork.
Ashore, right now I'll do you a special deal. Trade you TWO ankle-gnawers for the bandsaw.

Ashore
1st November 2006, 03:09 PM
Ashore, right now I'll do you a special deal. Trade you TWO ankle-gnawers for the bandsaw.
Have to pass thanks all the same , we had two stay on friday night 30 months and a teething 7 month old that has just learn't to crawl, then got the three year old sat - sun , and we are still getting over it:D

Driver
1st November 2006, 03:16 PM
I've only just caught up with this thread.

Congratulations, Grandad! Now I'm really jealous. I keep harping on to our kids about adding to what my own Grandad used to call the long and illustrious line but no results so far. :rolleyes:

On the subject of knitting, I wouldn't personally view this example as a Code violation. Expectant Grandads get certain blokely dispensations, of course. However, a fairly dim view might be taken if the footwear in the illustration was assembled actually in the shed! :eek:

Col