PDA

View Full Version : Concrete: High Quality Finish

Groggy
14th October 2006, 08:30 PM
A number of years ago now I used to live in Wodonga. When the shed was built I asked the builder for a nice flat finish. What I got was like marble, the best floor I have seen. He used a helicopter and steeled the final runover.

I'd really like the same thing again if I get another shed, so, what do I ask for? Is there a term for that kind of finish? Can you specify a particular finish so you know exactly what you should get?

Doughboy
14th October 2006, 09:10 PM
I had the same finish in my shed and all I asked for was that it be as smooth as possible. Low and behold out came the helicopter and let me tell you this bloke made it look SIMPLE but of course like most things I guess it is experience.

Sorry I dont know how else you would request such a finish.

Good luck with it though

Pete

Tools
14th October 2006, 09:58 PM
You need to ask them to burnish the surface.It is achieved but continuous trowelling with the helicopter.

Tools

Groggy
14th October 2006, 10:10 PM
You need to ask them to burnish the surface.It is achieved but continuous trowelling with the helicopter.

Tools"Burnishing" - thanks Tools!

dexx
3rd January 2007, 03:21 PM
Do you know if residential concreters will burnish a driveway when laying? Is there much added expense?

Pulse
3rd January 2007, 03:43 PM
Dexx, burnished is slippery in the wet that is why they woodfloat or broom it. Shouldn't cost extra though

Cheers Pulse

DJ’s Timber
3rd January 2007, 08:47 PM
Dexx, burnished is slippery in the wet that is why they woodfloat or broom it. Shouldn't cost extra though

Cheers Pulse

Don't think it would be a good idea to burnished a driveway :no: , it would be slippery as :o when it gets wet, can just see someone slipping and breaking their wrist