PDA

View Full Version : Painting Concrete & Timber Floors

versetcat
30th September 2006, 10:23 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to paint the floor in my toilet (concrete) and the adjoining laundry via which the potty is accessed (bare timber boards - some old, some new) in the same colour. White Knight Ultra Pave is the product I've been thinking of using, but their website makes no mention of it's suitability for timber. Is there a product that would suit both surfaces? What preparation will provide maximum durability for this high traffic area?

Any advice/suggestions on how best to approach this would be greatly appreciated!

woodsprite
1st October 2006, 12:04 AM
Good evening - years ago painted the toilet and bathroom floors with your brand of paving paint (concrete floors - COLD:( ) and then when put benches in the new shed, painted the bench tops witht he left over paint - tops were old pine floor boards in very good nick, and some were chip board. Paint has stuck well and the benches are super easy to clean. One bench is used for maintenance of lawn mower, chain saw, etc, and gets heaps of oil and oily muck on it - the muck either wipes straight off, or comes off with a bit of turps.
So I reckon you you should be OK with paving paint on your timber floor.
Good luck
Jeff

savage
1st October 2006, 04:52 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to paint the floor in my toilet (concrete) and the adjoining laundry via which the potty is accessed (bare timber boards - some old, some new) in the same colour. White Knight Ultra Pave is the product I've been thinking of using, but their website makes no mention of it's suitability for timber. Is there a product that would suit both surfaces? What preparation will provide maximum durability for this high traffic area?

Any advice/suggestions on how best to approach this would be greatly appreciated!

Why don't you paint a bowl of fruit instead?....:rolleyes: :D :D :D

Seriously, I am in the middle of painting a concrete footpath out the back (back door to clothes line) so the area at the door will be a high traffic spot. I am using Berger Jet Dry Aquatread, it's water clean-up and dries real quick, I just read the tin and it doesn't say anything about wooden surfaces so I don't know about that part, but it has been a good product to use so far.:)

makka619
5th October 2006, 02:15 AM
Haven't used it, but looks good for what you are after;

"White Knight Paints has developed a fast-drying, hardwearing floor paint called Quick Dry Paving Paint that is said to be practical and cost-affective... The paint can be applied quickly and easily to concrete, chipboard or timber floors in one single colour"

http://www.infolink.com.au/articles/B2/0C0053B2.aspx

Tips for surface preperation of both surfaces on the White Knight Site : http://www.whiteknightpaints.com.au/handy_hint/view/preparing-the-surface-before-painting