PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen doors

hislopal
22nd September 2006, 09:28 AM
We have just had a new floating floor fitted throught out our new house (incl kitchen), as a result the floor now clashes with the kitchen doors. We are thinking of painting the doors. The doors are solid pine and have a green almost lime wash effect to them (very subtle). What would be the best kind of paint to use, I am keen to do them myself, I have a compressor and cheap spray gun. Would I get a better finish with a quality spray gun?

Thanks

seriph1
23rd September 2006, 07:57 PM
hi - it would all depend on what look you have and are trying to achieve. if you want a country kitchen feel then hand finishing is the way to go - it is easy and Porter's Paints is the place to go to see what can be achieved. I just completed a furiture finishing course with them and they produce spectacular products. if you want a slick, clean modern finish then of course you will get a shiny sprayed finish, but it may lack the warmth you may be hoping for. If you can give some more info and post a few images that should help - also, possibly detail what you have done with the floor and what material/colour it is.

have fun