PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help on shower screen fittings.

marineman
2nd September 2006, 03:48 PM
I am trying to find a replacement black plastic catch that holds the shower screen door shut. Two of the pictures attached show the catch in the ensuite shower approx 25mm wide and 40mm high.

The other picture shows the space and 3 mounting holes on the main bath room shower frame.
<O:p
I have tried trade link, and couple of independent plumbing supplies with no luck. I live half way between gold coast and Brisbane so I am able to get to most places, any recommendations would be much appreciated.
I am hoping that there is some experience out there that can tell me how to find these clips / catches.
And for further info I did think of fitting a magnetic strip but the shower screen frame doesn’t have the space to accommodate.
Who’d of thought such a simple item would be so hard to find.

Jacksin
2nd September 2006, 08:15 PM
So I take it there's no way of identifying the manufacturer of your screen?

marineman
3rd September 2006, 12:17 AM
I've looked all over the screen / frame / hinges etc. Can't see a logo or a name any where.

I assume it's one of those generic type??? that various installers use, But which one, thats the million dollar question.

martrix
3rd September 2006, 12:34 AM
try here Stegbar (http://www.stegbar.com.au/company_info/contacts/)

marineman
3rd September 2006, 01:25 AM
Thanks but I've been to Jindalee store some months ago (sorry forgot to mention earlier, this has been going for a while), just wanted the clip, they tried to sell me a whole shower screen. suppose they gotta try.

I'm hoping someone will recognise the fitting and know where to get them or how to track down.

regards