PDA

View Full Version : Computer problem

ptc
23rd August 2006, 11:39 AM
Help please Have just installed
CA Internet security suite. (bloody thing !)
I am unable to bring up any of the pics.
all i get is
In Blue
attached thumnail.
I Click and nothing happens
I feel like uninstalling it.

bennylaird
23rd August 2006, 11:50 AM
Always set a restore point before you install something new, then you can go back.

woodbe
23rd August 2006, 12:03 PM
Get a Mac? :)

Ashore
23rd August 2006, 12:09 PM
all i get is
In Blue
attached thumnail.
What pics are you talking about , pics stored on your computer, pics from this forum only, pics in e-mails, web pics, :confused:
I have CA Vet internet suite and have no probs with any of the above

Rgds

ptc
23rd August 2006, 05:45 PM
Ashore.
its the pics in this forum only.
worked ok before installing ca vet suite,
any idea's what to do.?

Eddie Jones
23rd August 2006, 06:20 PM

Why? Is it raining?

Eddie Jones
23rd August 2006, 06:23 PM
Try disabling CA (Start, run, msconfig, startup, unclick the CA item), then reboot, to be sure it is CA causing the problem. Do the reverse to reenable.

dazzler
23rd August 2006, 06:40 PM

And a BETA video

and a Lada Samara

and buy some stocks in ENRON:p

Ashore
23rd August 2006, 07:37 PM
I would say its in your settings, if you right click on the CA symbol in your sys tray , bottom rt cnr of your screen it will bring up your firewall controlls
Go to program control then main then set the program control slide at low

Or contact their on line help and tell them , :rolleyes: proberly a better idea
Rgds

kiwigeo
23rd August 2006, 08:18 PM

Second that!!

PenRex
23rd August 2006, 08:52 PM
And a BETA video

and a Lada Samara

dont forget telstra . . .

or is that not funny?

Harry II
23rd August 2006, 08:59 PM
all i get is
In Blue
attached thumnail.

I suspect it may have to do with the "security" settings from within the program. But if you haven't fiddled with the default (newly installed) settings, I doubt if the program would stop pictures (.jpeg, .gif or what ever format) from displaying/downloading/uploading. I think it's a good idea to disable (not uninstall) the program and see if the problem goes away, if it does then at least you've zero'd in on the cause, then again it may be a conflict between the program and the internet browser your using. Sorry I can't give you the quick, for sure solution, but hope this gives you some sought of clue, contact the people you bought it from if possible, they SHOULD be able to help. Believe me, I have worked with computers for nearly 20 years, and believe they are definately female:D

ptc
24th August 2006, 11:40 AM
Its. Fixed.
I phoned Vet. No waiting
and a very helpfull Lady (indian Accent) talked me through every thing
checked all of the sytem and it was the fire wall.
that was blocking the pics.
thank you all for the advice.

Ashore
24th August 2006, 11:44 AM
Glad its all fixed , its a good program and works well for me

Rgds

woodbe
24th August 2006, 12:02 PM
And a BETA video

and a Lada Samara

haha. My post was toungue-in-cheek :)

I use all common OS's, and the 'get a Mac' comment always gets a laugh around here. It's the ezy-out of the computer world, and it usually get's paraded when a new problem is described in so little detail that the tech would have to be a psychic to resolve it.

Oh, and your information is a little out of date. That awful, trendy, dinky non-beige computer and it's swish operating system is growing against all odds! We've even got one here with a couple of Intel Xeon chips in it, who'd have thought that would ever happen? :)

woodbe.

bennylaird
24th August 2006, 12:06 PM
Sure my Commodore 64 has some probs with this forum but with tweaking I can still post ok. Is it time for me to upgrade?

Signed Concerened Ludite?

PenRex
24th August 2006, 12:42 PM
Was the C64 the one where you had to type the games' programme into dos, then record it onto tape --> play the tape back onto the HD then play the game? :o

If it is, that was the first computer given to me by my mum and dad in about 1977 . . . and I've had strife with computers ever since !!

:mad:

Daddles
24th August 2006, 12:59 PM
I much prefer laptops, they are a lot easier to throw through the window when you get frustrated ;)

Is that (now) ancient film clip of a bloke tossing his beast through the window still around? There's probably been a few, but the one I'm thinking of went as follows.
Taps keyboard and waits ...
Taps keyboard and waits ...
Taps keyboard and waits with hands held up in query ...
Taps keyboard and waits with hands held up in query then slaps side of box ...
Hammers keyboard, slams side of box then tosses the lot out of a three storey window :D

Richard

Studley 2436
24th August 2006, 01:00 PM
Getting the Mac with intel chips pretty amazing who would have thought but it opens up a whole lot of stuff for everyone. You can run Windows on it, and who knows if it will be suddenly very easy to run windows software on the mac.

The other interesting possiblity is that Dell and the like might be able to make machines that run Mac OSX. Would be great if that happened a bit of competition is great for everyone.

Studley

got a PC to back up my mac and I am still amazed how anyone could make a system that is so bad.

Gumby
24th August 2006, 01:02 PM
Ah yes, the Commodore 64. The tape would stall after 15 minutes of a 20 minute program load. And we'd pirate software by copying from cassette tapes. :D :D Those were the good 'ol days. I did one of those programming courses where you but the booklet at the Newsagent's every week. I amazed my dad when I could get the computer to do mathematical calculations. :eek: Type in 456 x 56 and it gave the answer - instantly. Absolutely mind blowing stuff.

He finally came around to thinking computers weren't too bad when it beat him in a game of chess. :D

ptc
24th August 2006, 01:06 PM
I had one of those.
Did not need calls to India ?

bennylaird
24th August 2006, 01:29 PM
Was the C64 the one where you had to type the games' programme into dos, then record it onto tape --> play the tape back onto the HD then play the game? :o

:mad:

DOS was IBM, Commodore had it's own easy to understand operating system:D :rolleyes:

No such thing as a HD, just a 170k floppy if you were rich enough.

Still we learnt a lot, had 64K of memory and they were saying that an IBM clone would never need more than 640k.