PDA

View Full Version : Tiles Spacers - Can You Get These In Oz?

Metal Head
3rd August 2006, 12:05 AM
Hi,

Yes here I am pestering you with another tiling issue, well what would you be doing if you weren't helping out this old ex POMMIE;) :D.

Well I was looking on a couple of American tiling sites earlier and noticed these spacers that I have never seen here - well in Bunnings & Mitre 10 anyway!!. I like the red coloured ones and think if they could be made in a X section they would be a real winner in comparison with the conventional type.

Has anyone used either of these sort, if so where can you buy them from please?. I just tried EBay but with no success:(.

Cheers
David

scooter
3rd August 2006, 12:30 AM
Gday David, bunnings have the standard type in the flooring section, there are different size ones for wall or floor tiles from memory, they are a cross shape.

Edit: Reread your post, have you found the standard type but you are after ones with the little handle?

Cheers................Sean

Metal Head
3rd August 2006, 09:14 AM
Gday David, bunnings have the standard type in the flooring section, there are different size ones for wall or floor tiles from memory, they are a cross shape.

Edit: Reread your post, have you found the standard type but you are after ones with the little handle?

Cheers................Sean

Hi Sean,

No I wasn't particularly after either but I was interested to know if others had been able to purchase them here in Australia?.

Cheers
David

bennylaird
3rd August 2006, 09:21 AM
The only prob with the standard on is removing them at times. Have seen people leave them in and grout over them, but then you see some showing through.

Used to be just a pack of matches was all that was needed, my Dad had no probs with using them.........

Pulse
3rd August 2006, 05:31 PM
I've found using 4 per tile near the corners to work well, I use one "leg" to space the tiles and the opposite leg then acts as a handle, I then pull them out and reuse the clean ones for the next section the following day.

Cheers
Pulse

Sturdee
3rd August 2006, 05:45 PM
So do I and I have a collection with one leg cut of to use next to a wall.

Peter.

workgoose
10th August 2006, 10:27 PM
I do the same as Pulse and Sturdee, and its always worked, use 4 per tile and you wont have any problems. If you re-use them just make sure they are clean or the joints won't line up. I never leave them in, there's nothing worse than one of those things poking through the grout. Also if they are pushed right in it's impossible to make small adjustments as you go.