PDA

View Full Version : kitchen sinks - where to buy in Sydney

powerbuff
24th July 2006, 12:33 AM
Looking for simple 2 bowl - around $200ish.

What is the best place for price and quality

Thanks

Sybarite
24th July 2006, 07:08 AM
With so many choices out there you will find that price is very often led by quality.

Some people you may want to talk to are "Nover" and "Tradelink" - they should be very helpful.

Nover have an excellent sink/mixer package, but then again so does almost everyone...I like Oliveri for their range of designs.

Raymor (made by Clark) also have a good line.

Beware of some "European" brands - not all stainless is the same strength and quality.

Respect, all.

renomart
24th July 2006, 10:34 PM
Beware of cheap sinks if you are using a mixer tap. The stainless steel is very flimsy where the tap attaches to the sink. You will be able to move your mixer just like a joystick. :eek:

GregLee
26th July 2006, 12:07 AM
Hardware and General at Brookvale are normally pretty good. Will usually match any price.

powerbuff
26th July 2006, 12:25 AM
I live near there so may pop in and have a look

THanks

shaunm
30th July 2006, 10:14 AM
Also check out Bunnings I got my sink there, I think it was called lake land it was around $250 and I’m very happy with it. Also it’s made in Australia :)

powerbuff
30th August 2006, 09:12 AM
Gee - got a quote from Hardware and general and Lincoln sentryo on the Oliveri MO763.

$684 +gst

$510 +gst

respectively.

Thats quite pricey - I was hoping to pay about $250. I think there are a few acceessories included though

Anyone know any other good 2 bowl sinks with no tray on the side??

Thanks

renomart
30th August 2006, 04:28 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how did you arrive at a price of $250?

Bleedin Thumb
30th August 2006, 04:47 PM
I got mine from REECE plumbing supplies after doing too much shoping around. I think it was under $200 One bowl one sided (all I could fit) without fancy metal plug doo da. Got the tap fron H & G Brookvale $450!!! My thinking is the tap is the feature not the sink.

renomart
30th August 2006, 10:59 PM
I got mine from REECE plumbing supplies after doing too much shoping around. I think it was under $200 One bowl one sided (all I could fit) without fancy metal plug doo da. Got the tap fron H & G Brookvale $450!!! My thinking is the tap is the feature not the sink.

The Oliveri MO763 is a double bowl sink with no drainers. Is your sink like this?

Damon_11
31st August 2006, 02:43 AM
Can I suggest you might save some precious dough by calling Crown Kitchens in Sydney (somewhere) 02 9773 1044
<DT class="rlLine2 indent0">39 Marigold St Revesby 2212 I think</DT>
They import sinks by the bucket load and are of good quality. My plumbing supplier in QLD gets them from Crown at <$200 for the double bowl styles. Some as low as $125.

Suggest an inspection beforehand to make sure thinkness, quality etc is up to scratch.

Worth a phone call and hope that helps

DC
<DD class=rlNumber> </DD>

Bleedin Thumb
31st August 2006, 11:28 AM
The Oliveri MO763 is a double bowl sink with no drainers. Is your sink like this?
No renomart re-read my post.

Bleedin Thumb
31st August 2006, 11:37 AM
Anyone know any other good 2 bowl sinks with no tray on the side??

Thanks

Powerbuff I replaced a single bowl sink with 2 sided drainers with a single bowl with one side drainer and now wish I had the 2 drainers. even with the dishwasher its nice to have the "wet space" of the drainers. This is maybe because the tap is a goose neck type with watersaving whatnots that seem to make more splash than the old tap. Its easiers to do a quick wipe of the SS or just ignore the water on it rather than wipe the benches.

renomart
31st August 2006, 12:28 PM
One bowl one sided

Do you mean 1 bowl and 1 drainer?

powerbuff
3rd September 2006, 11:31 PM
Ok thanks lads.

Hardware and general pulled through. $230 I got one that was 1.5 bowls and a drainer on the side under a metre in length. Has the basket bins which is good.

Onto Taps now.
Are the Franke brand good. There was one there for $115 reduced from 230. It has a 5 year warranty on parts and labour.

What else is good in around the $100 mark or less?

Thanks
Gazza