PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Sinks - Where to Buy

Damon_11
12th July 2006, 01:45 AM
Hi Again everyone,

My other item on the list is the ole' kitchen sink. Need 1 3/4 LH bowl in polished stainless steel finish. I know there's heaps around at about $200 mark, but does anyone have any tips on what brand to buy, where to save a few $ and what to watch out for?

Thanks .....DC :)

bookend
12th July 2006, 03:15 AM
Ross's Auctions in Maylands regularly hold renovator's auctions and kitchen sink's pop up from time to time.

I have never bid on sinks so I have no idea how much they go for, but the staff are helpful and will tell you how much to expect to pay.

It depends on how much of a hurry you are in to get one.

workgoose
12th July 2006, 10:08 AM
You have to make sure you buy good quality, heavy gauge stainless, otherwise if you mount a mixer tap in the middle it will flex everytime you turn it on. On my last two renos I bought whatever looked like a sink, only to find there is S/S and S/S. this time I bought a Clark brand sink and it is very good. Another excellent brand is Franke. Again ask for Catalogs at Reece or Tradelink

namtrak
12th July 2006, 10:28 AM
Make sure you get one with a hole in the bottom, otherwise your buying a bucket. :D

Tradelink is okay, or maybe try tradeconnect.com.au

Cheers

Pulpo
12th July 2006, 11:03 AM
Have a look on e-bay.

I have purchased a couple of new sinks this way.

They have not yet had much use so I cannot really comment on quality.

However they seemed as good as the better brands, with all the attachments.

One mob on E-bay has a sort of show room around Bankstown.

Reece, for the non-tradie, are for the wealthy.

Just be aware which side you want the drain board.

Second hand on e-bay or even from the tip can be very cheap, like $5.

Good Luck

Pulpo

Damon_11
15th July 2006, 02:18 AM
You have to make sure you buy good quality, heavy gauge stainless, otherwise if you mount a mixer tap in the middle it will flex everytime you turn it on. On my last two renos I bought whatever looked like a sink, only to find there is S/S and S/S. this time I bought a Clark brand sink and it is very good. Another excellent brand is Franke. Again ask for Catalogs at Reece or Tradelink

Thanks workgoose - good advice as I am going to have a flickmixer. I bought Franke appliances, so might investigate this some more - didn't go for the brushed finish though - think I need bright and shiny!!

Regards

Damon