PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Vanities - Where to Buy

Damon_11
12th July 2006, 01:35 AM
Hello Folks,

Having a dilema with 2 x bathroom vanities that I need to buy for reno. Only want standard white vanities with a modern style basin, not the all ceramic or glass or all fibregalss ones.

The ones at auction at TS McMahons in Perth today (ex China and with tap and waste) went for $525 for 900w and $770 for 1200w after everone got too excited and kept bidding - silly people.....

Can anyone suggest better a better source. Have seen plenty on e-bay, but not in any styles that appeal. I am in Perth, but willing to do a shipment from east if units are good and right price.

Any suggestions welcome.....DC :)

Kev Y.
12th July 2006, 09:05 AM
Have you thought of Bunnings? or how about one of your local larger plumbing stores?

Just do a net search for plumbing lin your local area and see why turns up

TassieKiwi
12th July 2006, 09:45 AM
Mate - if you're on this BB you've gotta make'em. I too could not force myself to buy what amounts to about $250 of materials max for $900-$1200. Buy the MDF. Make and paint the carcase yourself, but either buy the doors or prep them up ready for a top-coat and have a paintshop laquer them with gloss. I used formica for the tops and edged them with solid timber.
Made me smile every time I sat on the throne looking at it!

Den

workgoose
12th July 2006, 10:02 AM
We are on a woodworking forum here, so you should make them yourself. But if you have time constraints you could look at Bunnings (mostly cheap imports) or Reece Plumbing, Tradelink, and also check the Yellow Pages. The plumbing stores also have catalogs of lots of stuff they don't display in the showroom.

Cobber
12th July 2006, 11:17 AM
Im getting my cabinet maker who is doing the kitchen to make mine. Dont like much out there for sale.

Ben (TM)
12th July 2006, 11:31 AM
Im getting my cabinet maker who is doing the kitchen to make mine. Dont like much out there for sale.

This was the road that I went down too. That way I get a a custom size and built the way I want with stone bench tops to match the kitchen. It works out a bit more expensive, but it's going to be better quality than an off-the-shelf.

Damon_11
15th July 2006, 02:24 AM
Thanks everyone. Costed the flatpack, doors, benchtop, sink, tap, waste, etc and could not make it fit under the cost of a purpose made one.

Would love to make myself, but don't have shed - love woodwork, but no shed - will have to do something about that :)

deejaybee
26th April 2008, 07:23 PM
This works really well If you don't have a shed.
1. Extend back verandah to suitable size.
2. build large and solid ooutside dining table suitable for holding large piecces of dressed timber and assorted tools.
3. once outside eating sason has finished, dress warmly and use new veranda and table as shed to construct vanity.:)
simple really.

jags
26th April 2008, 08:28 PM
hi damon

i would try ross 's in Maylands or Guildford i think they should have what you are after .

rob