PDA

View Full Version : Tiling Course

Stu
26th June 2006, 08:34 PM
I am considering doing a tiling course thru Homebase expo, consists of 5 afternoons. Anyone else done this course before and was it worth it??
Hoping at the end of it to be able to tile shower recess and also retile half the house [100sq mtrs].
Any recommendations advice from anyone??
Cheers Stu

rod1949
27th June 2006, 12:16 PM
I recently did a day long course in rendering external walls at Challenger TAFE. They also do Tiling courses, this link should take you there.

http://psc.tafe.wa.edu.au/TAFEWACourseSearch/ShortCourseDetails.aspx?lookup=&CID=720CH&AKEY=823606&title=Tiling%20Techniques&CollegeID=03

Stu
27th June 2006, 10:24 PM
thanks for the reply Rod, was the course worthwhile and what did it cost
??
Cheers Stu

rod1949
3rd July 2006, 10:23 AM
Stu,
Sorry for the late reply, I've been over east since last Tuesday night (a supprise wedding anniversery trip from our daughters).
Yes the external wall rendering course that I did was worthwhile. Its given me the confidence to tackle the rendering of my place when I get to that stage. I learnt a lot but it will never match or come close to the years of experience of the Lecturer or those in the trade. The cost was $130.00.

Cheers
Rod

Metal Head
11th July 2006, 09:03 PM
Hi Stu,

I enquired about a tiling course at a couple of local TAFE colleges recently. I was told by one that it would cost $265 which is 3 hours per Tuesday night over 6 weeks = total 18 hours. The other one costs $290 but is done on 2 consecutive Saturdays of 8 hours each = total 16 hours.

The moral of the story is if you want to learn about it quickly then it costs more:(.

Regards
David

drummelars
12th July 2006, 10:39 PM
you guys no any tiling course in sydney???

preferable in the western suburbs near parramatta????

Metal Head
12th July 2006, 11:48 PM
you guys no any tiling course in sydney???

preferable in the western suburbs near parramatta????

Try the TAFE colleges there is sure to be one due to start in the 2nd semester.