PDA

View Full Version : Fake Tiles

Rossluck
10th June 2006, 12:12 PM
We're re-doing a bathroom and spent a few hours looking around Bunnings. They have in stock sheets of wall-tile-look-a-like panelling. From even a metre away it looks for all the world like real wall tiles. Has anyone seen it? What do you think of it?

drummelars
10th June 2006, 03:27 PM
just down theretoday at bunnings ow much were they ???

what do they look like

Rossluck
10th June 2006, 08:29 PM
just down theretoday at bunnings ow much were they ???

what do they look like

They were pretty expensive. Around $150 a sheet I think. They're in the section where they sell vanities and baths ....

JB
10th June 2006, 08:40 PM
Ceramalite. About $120 for 1800 x 900 or $150 for 2400 x 900. Also available in plain white (non simulated tile look) as an alternative to Lamipanel.

I thought the dark blue and green looked okay but decided on the plain white Lamipanel. May have gone for a tile look if they had plain colours but all have waves/streaks to make them look more tile look which I thought a bit tacky.

Users of Ceramalite on this forum are mixed in their experiences on it; several found it satisfactory but one was unimpressed.

scooter
10th June 2006, 08:42 PM
Called Ceramilite (sp?), try a search on this (try other spellings ! :) )on the forums, one other thread running currently on this and a few old ones.

Cheers................Sean