PDA

View Full Version : Tile cutter modification

niki
26th April 2006, 06:45 AM
G’day mates

The last few days I had to cut many tiles, but, I was not happy with the performance of the tile cutter so I modified it and now, I’m happy, to share it with you.

Regards
niki

mic-d
26th April 2006, 01:23 PM
Well Niki, that's a pretty good modification. Can I be bold enough to add the reason you're rightly unhappy with it is it is a #### tile cutter:D
I used a #### tile cutter for a long time before buying a Sigma. Ah the joy of using a good tool.

Cheers
Michael

niki
26th April 2006, 03:32 PM
Hi Mic-d

We have a say, “it costs like this – it works like this”.
With this tile cutter I tiled the kitchen , bathroom and toilets, its shame that only now I got the brain to modify it, (and did not have the brain to buy good one) anyway, its too late to buy new one, I almost finished tiling.
I googled “sigma tile cutter”, many models and looks very good one, http://www.europeantilemasters.com/

Cheers
niki

lnt9000
27th April 2006, 11:29 PM
Good job niki, you done well, and to quote another quote " It might look funny, but It makes me all my money":)
Cheers.

niki
28th April 2006, 12:49 AM
Nice quote Int9000

I think it’s correct. Tools are made to help us to produce something nice. They don’t have to be “kuchi-muchi”, they have to be effective and accurate and all the colors and ornamentation are made to attract us to buy them.
Have a look on the Russian production, nothing attractive but it’s built like a “Russian tank”. I can see a lot of Russian machines here, pre WW II, but still working and good.

Cheers
niki

lnt9000
29th April 2006, 06:35 PM
They would be worth a nice dollar too niki, here in australia we dont see many russian machines, power tools etc, many many german, american, chinese, type mix with quality from pretty average to excellent, but at the end of the day If the tool is only used on a casual basis then spending heaps is probably not warranted.
By the way, your english is very good, "I also originate from your country.

niki
29th April 2006, 08:36 PM
Thank you Hen

We bought a new house in Poland. The house was “delivered” bare; walls, (ready for painting), concrete floors, (ready for covering), no bath tab, toilets, kitchen, internal doors etc…
I bought all the instruments to accomplish the above, bearing in mind that they are for one time use so I bought medium to low quality.

For woodworking, its different story, look at the picture.
BTW, my origin is Israeli but most of my life I traveled around the world (except Ausralia).

niki